Sketches converted in Illustrator

This morning at 8am I have all the images vectorized. It doesn’t really take long but since I have to find the time to work on the book it took longer than I thought. I

This is what it looks like after going thru adobe illustrator…

Image19

 

I had an easy time converting them using image trace because from the start I drew these with the intent of making it easy for me to vectorize and render them thru illustrator and photoshop. With that in mind I made it a point to ink all areas into a closed area-so when I use paint bucket or select the area it is controlled. I kept in mind to use clean ink lines with enough line weight so that software can pick it up. I still got some problems with illustrator missing the eyes I had inked in on all the characters. I tried to increase the threshold at the beginning but since it happened everywhere and it often ruined the rest of the image I just planned on adding the eyes later. Besides they always vectorized into diamond shapes,not circles for some reason.

Advertisements

Feedback welcome!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: